Aggressive, passionate and relentless in our pursuit of justice, we’re trial lawyers through and through. We’re as comfortable in court as we are in mediation, respected by judges and deeply experienced in litigating a wide range of business disputes. We thrive on complex matters involving multiple claims and parties, with litigation database software and technology-assisted review, case management, and process management software in place to streamline our review and use of voluminous amount of data. We also use a variety of applications and presentation software to persuade more effectively than other lawyers. No matter the arena, we are committed to achieving the best possible outcome, with the least possible pain.
Our experience includes contract disputes, business torts, misappropriation of trade secrets, violation of non-compete and confidentiality agreements, civil RICO, trademark and copyright infringement, lender liability, temporary restraining orders and injunctions, and claim and delivery of commercial assets.
Our clients have been banks, builders, software companies, mortgage brokers, stock brokers and brokerage businesses, accountants and accounting firms, software companies, life insurance companies, commercial construction contractors, real estate brokers, investment funds, factoring companies, physicians, hospitals, and sports and leisure businesses.
Representative cases include:
- Represented former International President of United Transportation Union (“UTU”) in an ERISA claim against the UTU and Pension Administrative Committee members. A bench trial resulted in verdict for client of $287,007 and attorney’s fees and costs.
- Represented a medical software company in claims for injunctive relief, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, misappropriation of trade secrets and other business torts against multiple defendants. Damages sought were over $1 million. Case settled.
- Represented veterinarian, who was a franchisee of a pet hospital, in action for rescission, breach of contract, breach of the implied duty of good faith and fair dealing, tortious breach of the duty of good faith and fair dealing, and punitive damages against franchisors. Case settled.
- Defended mortgage broker against claims for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and misappropriation of trade secrets, and for injunctive relief. Court denied motion for preliminary injunction, and plaintiff dismissed the case against client.
- Represented individual and investment group in seeking provisional process, declaratory relief, and damages for conversion and trespass to chattels against commercial landlord. Case settled.
- Represented golf club in declaratory relief action to determine defendant’s status as either an independent contractor or employee and against counterclaims for breach of contract, quantum meruit, and intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress among others. Case settled.
- Defended construction subcontractor and individual guarantors against breach of contract and action on a guaranty claims for more than $1 million. Bench trial resulted in defense verdict and attorney’s fees and costs for clients. Case affirmed without opinion on appeal.
- Represented framing subcontractor in breach of contract, breach of the implied duty of good faith and fair dealing, and fraud claims for over $500,000 in damages against general contractor and Fortune 500 real estate investment trust. Case settled.
- Represented homeowners in breach of contract and negligence claims against general contractor and subcontractor for over $100,000 in damages. Case settled.
- Represented conservator in environmental insurance coverage dispute. Case settled.