Attorney and Certified Fraud Examiner
Katherine Heekin resolves business disputes, particularly complex, messy, fraud-related claims. Her clients include software companies, banks, builders, stock brokers, family-owned businesses, executives, doctors, investment funds, and sports and leisure businesses.
As an attorney and a certified fraud examiner, Katherine is among a select group of professionals educated, trained, and experienced in preventing and remedying fraud. Katherine is also a proven leader in electronic evidence management techniques and technologies.
She has been engaged as a consultant in electronic evidence management and as a trainer in fraud prevention. In fraud assignments, understanding how electronic information is created, altered, stored, deleted, and hidden can make or break a case.
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2009
- Forensic Accounting Academy, Instructor, 2007-Present
- Federal Bar Association, Oregon Chapter, President, 2007-08, Member, 2002-Present
- Uniform Civil Jury Instruction Committee, Secretary, 2007-08, Member 2006-Present
- Multnomah Bar Association CLE Committee, Member, 2004-2007
- Board of Bar Examiners, Co-Grader, Summer 2003 and 2004
- Oregon Women Lawyers, Judicial Endorsements Committee, Member, 2000-2002
- Oregon State Bar House of Delegates, Delegate, 1997-98
- Oregon Women Lawyers, Board Member, 1996-98
- Rotary International, Portland Chapter, Member, 2007-Present
- Portland Business Alliance, Member, 2005-Present
- Children's Relief Nursery, Founding Board Member, 1999-2001
- Northwest Heights Neighborhood Association, Board Member, 2000
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D., 1994
Oregon Law Review, Member and Executive Editor
- Princeton University, A.B., 1989
- The Honorable Ann Aiken, 1994-95 and 2000
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Washington